Wednesday 13 October 2010

Samsung PN50C8000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (Black) for $1,897.00

Cheap Samsung PN50C8000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (Black) Discount Review Shop





My very first review on Amazon though I have purchased dozen of products over the years. This is the most expensive item I've purchased on Amazon and I actually have something useful to say.

The Good:
Amazing picture quality. Definitely one of the best if not the best TV's available today (10/10/10) in terms of picture quality.

I didn't really purchase for 3D, but watching Monsters vs Aliens in 3D on this TV was really amazing. I was blown away on how well the 3D worked. The 3D effect was amazing, though not perfect. Some artifacts were noticeable, but overall better than I expected.

I really like the Apps, especially Vudu. The full quality Vudu movies are really amazing. It's also nice to have so many choices; netflix, Amazon, Blockbuster, Vudu, Hudu Plus. Youtube works as well, but personally I have not been able to log into my Youtube account from the TV. I always get an error back.

I really think this is a fantastic TV, for an excellent price, with all the bells and whistles, very pretty design and pretty thin.

I have not had the buzzing issue that I have read so much about, but I was a bit surprised how much heat radiates forward from the TV. It's very noticeable if you walk by it, though I don't really think this is a big deal. Unless it's in a small room (which is unlikely since it's a large TV) I can't see it heating the room up.

The Bad:
My biggest complaint about this TV is it's susceptibility to burn in. I read so much about how burn in is less of an issue with Plasmas these days. Not so for this TV. It is amazing how quickly images will temporarily burn and how long they will stay around for. This is my biggest complaint.

The Really Bad:
I purchased this TV for my family room in a house I just purchased. I was having the family room remodeled and did not yet have HD enabled on my cable when I got this TV. I figured I'd watch standard def on it until the TV got hung, the surround speakers went up and the room was ready. Big mistake. After watching solely standard def TV in a square box in the middle of the screen for 9 weeks two vertical lines burned into the set from the outline of the standard def picture box. (Standard def does not fill the wide screen). I was more than shocked and upset. Nowhere in the manual does it mention anything about burn in possibilities from watching standard def shows set to the proper size, which will not fill the screen. How was I supposed to predict this would happen? Well I had a brand new TV with a permanent burn in. I figured I didn't do anything wrong. I just watched SD TV. I called Samsung for warranty service. Their response is that I used the TV improperly by watching SD TV on a set designed for HD TV. Say what???? I asked them to show me where it said I can't do this in the manual. The person I talked with was sympathetic and also agreed with me, but he said this was Samsung's policy. I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to a snotty gentleman who repeated that watching SD on a TV designed for HD was misuse and not covered by warranty. I mean come on really I misused the TV by not upgrading my cable quickly enough? What a bunch of jerks.

The Really Really Good - AMAZON ROCKS!
I called Amazon knowing that the 30 day Amazon warranty had expired, but I was so upset I had to tell someone. I explained what happened and the person from Amazon 100% agreed with me and could not believe that was Samsung's response. They waived the 30 day return policy for me, delivered a new TV and picked up the old one within 4 days. I am a complete and 100% loyal Amazon customer now. What great service. On the other hand I will not be purchasing Samsung products in the future, though the TV quality is amazing. I am now very paranoid about burn in and constantly run the anti-burn protection scrolling bars. It's not a great feeling to always have to worry about your TV and simultaneously know how little I can depend on Samsung's warranty.

Thanks again Amazon.

Final Conclusion:

Great TV
Terrible Burn in issues.
Terrible Samsung support and Warranty coverage




Available at Amazon


Cheap "Samsung PN50C8000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (Black)" Discount Review Shop









"Samsung PN50C8000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (Black)" Feature



  • Clear Image Panel
  • Elegant Style with Slim Design
  • 3D Experience, BD Wise
  • 4 HDMI (ver 1.4)






"Samsung PN50C8000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (Black)" Overview



Get a true cinematic experience without going to the cinema with a Samsung plasma HDTV. This Samsung PN50C8000, with Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio makes sure every frame is saturated with dense, rich color. Samsung is also ENERGY STAR compliant so you are assured that your 50 -inch plasma HDTV is helping the environment by using less enery while saving you money.











Love This T.V - Ralph Luna - Glenside, PA, US
In the Last Year we purchased a standard LCD T.V, 3D LED T.V, and finally this T.V of all 3 the picture quality of this product has been the best of all 3 hands down!







Great TV, horrible delivery. - Broktune -
Unbelievable TV. Great picture, watching football and baseball games right now is great. The colors jump right out at you. Blu Ray movies look incredible. The 3d is pretty neat, but it wasn't my main reason for purchasing the TV. You may have to fiddle with the setting to your liking. I thought the picture looked great right out of the box, I only cancelled the motion blur thing. It created this funky (kinda cool) effect where it almost made the picture look somewhat 3d with odd panning and scaling. I have a 360 and PS3. I had to go back and play older games because the TV brings it all to life with incredible clarity and detail.

As for the delivery. HORRIBLE. They scheduled the delivery between 9:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. At 3:30 no one showed up and I called the courier. They were like "Oh, ummm, yeah, we were busy, uh, you should get your TV at about 5:00." I said "Hey, thanks for no heads up letting me know you were going to be this late." Well, the driver showed up at 5:00.....by himself. He said he couldn't get the tv into the house alone so I needed to help him bring it up the stairs. I helped him carry it up the stairs, he unpacked it and started to set it up and didn't know how to put it together. He spent the whole time cussing under his breath and telling me how tired he was. I just plugged in the TV to make sure it worked and sent him along his way, being pretty upset. I wouldn't have been so angry if I had bought a toaster or vacuum cleaner, but when you drop a couple of grand on a product and they treat you like garbage, that stinks.

So all, in all, great TV, horrible delivery. I would probably think twice before purchasing a large item from Amazon ever again.







AWESOME TV!!!!!!! - David A Brown -
I've had this T.V. for about 3 weeks now and all I can say is AWESOME!! The colors and clarity of the images on this beast are amazing,blacks are low enough to be enveloped in the content and I can watch the television at anytime of day and get a satisfying experience as there is a window directly opposite where I put this T.V. Picture adjustments are insane and on top of the amazing picture its also 3d(which I didn't test out yet because its not that important to me right now). The 2d picture is awesome. I have to point this out though, I know I haven't had the TV long enough to completely break it in, but I have to say image retention is there and you will notice it but its not that important to me also there is a slight buzz when you go real close to the T.V. but thats negligible. I bought this TV in Very Good condition in thats how I go it. Everything is in order as far as I can tell. Amazon did a great job of not damaging the T.V. Considering the packaging it came in(Samsung really has to step it up on the packaging end).
All in all I am now a happily satisfied customer enjoying my new T.V. If your'e thinking about this T.V. all I can say is go for it, you will be hard pressed to beat a deal like this.





Available at Amazon


Cheap "Samsung PN50C8000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (Black)" Discount Review Shop



"Samsung PN50C8000 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV (Black)" Related Products





yudiazka-20

No comments:

Post a Comment